Saturday, November 30, 2013

What I found: Nov. 30th

Nov. 30th...as in one day before Dec... as in the last month of 2013.  Oy Vey!

I'm not sure how sale'n around the rest of the country was but the sales were few and far between for us this holiday weekend.  Below are a few things I picked up for the Etsy shop.




This 1920's Kodak No. 1 Pocket Camera is in remarkably great condition even more so when you consider this beauty is almost 100 years old.   The leather carrying case she came with is a bit worse for the wear, but she did a bang up job of protecting this camera so I'm not so concerned.


Pro Tip: Always grab one of these metal storage containers if you find them.  If you're looking, they will be in the garage, usually full of nails, screw and other garage type bobbles.   I've had about 5 or so listed in my shop over the last few years and they always sell quickly.


This Dorothy Thorpe lunch plate is the real deal- complete with original foil sticker label.   With the success of Mad Men and the obsession created over mid century barware the vintage market is flooded with Dorothy Thorpe "style" plates and glasses.  It's tough to firmly identify if you don't know exactly what to look for, mainly that the sterling silver rim should be approx. 1 inch thick.  And sterling silver.

Love seeing what others find? visit: Nifty ThriftySir Thrift a LotWe Call it Junkin, ThrifterMakerFixer

11 comments:

  1. I love those old metal drawer sets! My problem is that I always end up keeping them instead of listing them...they're so darned useful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 2 for every one I dont sell. And don't get me started on wood boxes!!

      Delete
  2. I also tend to keep the metal storage cabinets. Two almost made it out the door to sell, but at the last moment I put them back in the craft room. The vintage camera is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just so useful! Especially in the garage- my husband never wants me to sell them when I bring one home. Ha :)

      Delete
  3. That camera is amazing! Love the cabinets too, so handy and a great industrial look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that camera! And you're right about those storage drawers, my dad used to have lots of those. I just saw one in an antique mall. I didn't know about that plate, hadn't heard of it, glad to have learned something new. Thanks for sharing at my "Olde" party :) -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drawers and the camera! Sales were okay most of November but they're coming left and right now. Wish it was always like this, le sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sales are picking up here as well! Got to love this time of year.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful camera, the second photo of it is really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just reminded me I have two small index card cabinets I want to sell. I'm always intimidated by these oddly shaped, heavy items though!

    ReplyDelete