Friday, January 24, 2014

What I found: Jan. 24

Even with all my griping about thrift stores, there is still many a treasure to be found.   Below are the items I brought home this week.


My obsession with Mid Century portraits continues.   I call her Margot.


Brass animals, I can't quit you.


How amazing is this lucite and brass desk organizer?!


Almost amazing as this Sterling mid century candle holder.


I love this Dansk salt shaker and pepper mill.   I also brought home another larger somewhat matchy Dansk pepper mill that were planning on keeping to replace one that isn't so pretty.


His and Hers record album sorter


I love a good thermos and both of these are clean as a whistle.


 This is a gorgeous ice bucket, ready to party.


I'll be adding this beauty to my growing milk glass collection.  I've never seen a piece quite like it.

Love seeing what others find? visit: Nifty ThriftySir Thrift a LotWe Call it JunkinThrifterMakerFixer

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous finds! Love that desk organiser...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks amy. I did a little more digging and it also might be a kitchen caddy. either way it's amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Love your finds! The portrait is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - I'm having a hard time even thinking about listing it for sale because I love her so much! I think maybe I should start a vintage portrait wall in my house somewhere. :)

      Delete
  3. Fantastic finds!! I especially like that candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The candle holder is so beautiful, I just love the simple shape.

      Delete
  4. Brass all the way! My favorite has to be the bird. The salt and pepper are very nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you find out the name of that ice bucket let me know. I own it too! And your portrait.....I hate to use wording like run you down to get it and I so wouldn't do that. But I would seriously consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty, pretty finds! I have a thing for old portraits, too. And I've seen that lucite desk organizer in chrome, but never brass. How fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost bought home a similar record holder today, love it. All glorious good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, great finds! I haven't been out junkin in so long, :( I really love those thermoses especially.
    Thanks for sharing this at my History & Home party, so glad you did - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm stopping by via We Call It Junkin. OMGosh--you are a great shopper--I love everything! Favorites: portrait, horse, & candleholder. I've not seen that milk glass shape before either--very interesting! Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in. Your 3 favorites are my 3 favorites :)

      Delete
  10. I'm in love with that ice bucket! And the desk organizer. So many great finds!
    I too have the brass animal affliction. They're so hard to turn down! Do your thermoses sell well? I have heard different things from different people, so I tend to leave them behind. The majority have a hard time moving them.

    ReplyDelete