Thursday, February 2, 2012

Can You Help Me See The Light?

I found this lamp at a yard sale last weekend, and it sung to me.  (my husband hates it, by the way...which is usually how I know I found something extra spectacular)


The woman I purchased it from was cleaning out her MIL belongings and all she could tell me was that her MIL had it forever and she collected everything.  Hmmm, not much to go on.
 

The Shade and cord both appear to be original, and the condition has a bit a wear and tear, including a repair to his sombrero.


I believe he is made of concrete, chalkware or plasterware, then painted.  The lamp isn't very tall, only about 14 inches.   And there are no markings.


Do you have any information about this lamp?  I could really use your help :)
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Um, Nell, judging from the looks of the lamp, was the singing off-key? LOL, he's a looker, alright!

    ReplyDelete