Sunday, June 23, 2013

Back in the Game

After months of not hunting and listing (see last post for explanation) I finally got back on that horse.  We had family in town last weekend and while out having a little San Diego touristy fun we passed a  sign for an estate sale.  With an extra pair of hands on deck it seemed like a good opportunity to try the treasure hunting game, now with baby.  

Success!  This was the perfect storm of a great sale.   Few signs.  Not posted on Craigslist or estatesales.net.  Family members that just wanted to get rid of everything.  And a cute baby to help soften the deals :)    We showed up around 2:00 PM on a Saturday, and these are just a few of the items we left with.   

I love these Mid Century candlesticks.  They will soon end up in the shop. 
Mid Century Candle Holders

Mystery glass too pretty to leave behind.  Are they bowls?  There is an etched signature on each one: Keer.  Any idea what they might be??
made of glass, signed Keer

Keeping! I love love love this large Pendelton wool blanket.  It is absolute perfection.

black and white wool Pendelton blanket

I am obsessed with this small but very heavy cast iron owl.   I can't find any sort of signature or makers mark so I'm looking for a bit more information and then it will find it's way to the store.

Heavy bronzed cast iron owl with removable head

And who doesn't need I large glass head.  I don't, but I might keep it anyways.  Don't tell my husband.
large glass head

Another item I want to keep is this large red cast iron Jack.   I mean, seriously...it is the best.   The lady selling it almost took it back when she saw it (it was the type of sale where you had to dig to find things, and I don't think anyone actually knew what was there.  I had to pull out all the stops, including using the cute baby card to keep it.
Large cast iron red jack

These 2 blue glass Blenko owls are very heavy and will cost a bit to ship, but man oh man, when the light hits them there is nothing prettier.
Blue glass Blenko owl bookends

Blogger is acting a bit wonky right now and is importing the rest of my photo's distorted.  If you are interested you can hit the link to my shop, over on the right hand side of your screen - other items I found are already listed and include a set of 6 Stockton Islander Coconut Tiki Mugs,  a Fisher Price Happy Apple, a set of milk glass spice jars and a beautiful 1930s Pacific Pottery Bud Vase

It was a very good day.   

Love seeing what others find? Be sure to check out, Nifty ThriftyThrift Share MondaySir Thrift a LotRemnant

13 comments:

  1. So glad you're back in the game! I missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bea!
      It felt good to do a little "digging" and it's nice to bring the blog back to life.

      Delete
  2. Wow! what a sale!
    That jack can bring big bucks, from what I remember..

    I found this about Keer:
    http://keerglassfoundry.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was pretty great! I can't tell you how nice it was to leisurely walk around looking at items without 50 other "dealers" grabbing everything around you.

      And thank you for the link. I'll have to check it out and see if I can find my mystery glass. :)

      Delete
  3. Great finds. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to find such goodies!! Loving the mid century candle sticks and the owl bookends!! Too cool!

    The Keer mystery glass (which is a glass foundry company) looks like the glass from the top of a wall sconce type fixture - best guess anyways! Do let us know if you uncover the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystery solved! I email the company, and they confirmed these were bowls. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the Jack. It's been on my wishlist for ages. That sounded like a dream sale with or without a baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that jack also! I have a feeling I will probably be keeping it. :)

      Delete
  6. Oooohhh. That's the kind of sale we dream about! I never find the good ones like that. The bookends are lovely and that jack is awesome!!!
    I'm sure you already know, but a baby carrier like a baby Bjorn or the infantino kind are totally worth the money, especially for sales. My Little Dude got to be right there with me and I had two free hands. Plus, an infant carrier gets wicked heavy fast and a horrible pain to lug around. Congrats by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got an Ergo we tote him around in, it's a life saver as he hates the car seat (and stroller.) Baby carrying for the win!

      Delete
  7. WOW you found all of that at 2pm!? In my area almost all the sales are packed up by then. I have always wanted one of those jacks lol

    ReplyDelete